Your Valuable Home was a popular, one-hour, weekly radio show that concluded its seventh year on Philadelphia radio in September 2020.
Our show began on 920 Fox Sport and was recruited to 610 ESPN and Talk Radio WWDB.
In the fall of 2019, we were recruited to Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, the top talk station in Philadelphia.
After a wonderful, final year on Talk Radio 1210 – we flipped the switch to podcasting.
In 2023, we began our 10th year of producing rich content for our listeners in 45 states. Your Valuable Home consistently ranks among the top 10 percent of all podcasts.
The mission of Kevin Kennedy, our veteran contractor host and Ron Melk, creator, co-host and ever-inquisitive homeowner and income property owner, remains helping homeowners and residential real estate investors protect and grow their valuable real estate assets.
We believe that the path to acquiring wealth in residential real estate is paved with educated decisions.
Your Valuable Home is not about DIY. It is about hiring the right contractor to do the right job at the right price. Our show is also not about flipping. Instead, it is about buying right and holding to build wealth. Importantly, we are also about elevating the value of entire communities, as well as sustainable and resilient practices.
Every Your Valuable Home show has 3 segments:
The Replay – insight and info about a current or recent home improvement project. A great place to get ideas for your projects and learn what to look for in quality contractors.
The Horror Story/Bad Guy Bulletin – every homeowner has one. We put them out there to protect our listeners.
The College – interviews with experts from across the country about…
- Screening contractors and comparing estimates
- State laws governing contractors
- Multiple approaches to leveraging home equity
- Hiring a management company versus self-managing rental properties
- The ins and outs of homeowner’s insurance and home warranties
- Products that make for an unhealthy home
- Sustainability in home construction
- Tap water – concerns and corrective action
- What’s wrong with stucco
- Landscaping and hardscaping
- Home decorating
- Getting smart about furniture purchases
- Wildland fires – lessons learned from West Coast fires
- The world of new building products and techniques
- Achieving financial success with rental properties
- Is being a landlord right for you
- Home improvement trends
- Improving the value of entire communities
- What’s hot and what’s not in real estate around America
- And much more
Got a Replay or Horror Story you want to share – or a subject you want us to cover? Click here or text Kevin Kennedy at 267-566-5616.